Wednesday, January 9, 2008

brown haired girl


so, i went in to get my light blonde hair trimmed and my roots colored and i ended up leaving with dark brown hair (dark to me). my neice came to visit at christmas with dark hair and i loved it on her so it didn't take much for my stylist to convice me to try it. afterwards, i went to meet my mom & marcie (jareds fiance) at the wedding gown boutique and when i walked in, i thought my mom might puke. needless to say she did NOT like it. i could tell from her expression alone. i told her that she just needs to get use to seeing it, and then she might like it. cody told me, " your black hair is pretty mama!" and merv said he loved it as long as it was attached to me. i think i like it too. i've never had dark hair. (accept the time the stylist decided to give me this hideous skunk do....) i tried to get cody to help me get a picture, but he was being silly so we posed together and i tried to create a 360 view.

13 comments:

Arah said...

I like it...I need tot do something to my hair. I talked to mom, she's just mom. She told me "your never going to believe what Julie did to her hair!" I said " did she dye it dark?...oh cute, I wanted to to that too." So I'll have to see it.
Yeah for blogging...it's a really cute layout.

Anonymous said...

I didn't puke, i just passed out. After picking my self up I said that I would try to recupe and give it a chance. You got the same reaction that Kami got, remember? Love you anyway you are, Mom

Anonymous said...

Some one needs to give me lessons on how to use this comment section. I thought I was signed in but guess not. Mom

Kaisa Bailey said...

I am so excited that you started a blog! I didn't realize how Erickson you were until you dyed your hair! It looks really cute. So I have yet to meet your Merv.....Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Rob & Marisa said...

Love the brown hair! I recently went brown too (you know, since that IS my natural hair color and all!) and it's nice. Anyway, I am glad you are blogging and I can't believe how long your new year's resolution list is! Good for you! Love ya Julie!
-Marisa

My Crazy Life X 6 said...

Welcome to the blogging world...I love the hair...
Karen

Risawn said...

I think it looks great, I often wonder about trying a new hair color again but I admit I'm more for a practical look and blonde works best for me.

Though I still loved the red :)

Hope Taft said...

Julie,

Do you remember me? I remember you had the best laugh! Or was that Kami? No, I think that was you... Anyway, just wanted to say I'm glad you have a blog and I will be checking it out often.

See you later...on your blog, anyway!

Hope (Kremin) Taft

P.S. I *LOVE* your hair. You pull off being a natural brunette!

birdeeb said...

Ok your hair looks AWESOME!!!! I love the brown! I love the blond too, but yeah brown works! Mom's never like when their kids change things about themselves (what their momma's gave em haha). My sister said that when she saw my mom last (after a year or more) that my mom said, "What did you do to your hair??" before she even said hello. So you are not alone in the momma's hatin' hair dyes ;o). When I got streaks in my hair (blonde & brown highlights...slightly streaky) my parents were shocked & told me straight out they didn't like it. I told them I LOVED it & it didn't matter what they thought ;o).

Raquel & Marc said...

Love the brown! It is fun trying new things every once in a while. Yay for your new blog!

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

I kinda hate that you're gorgeous no matter what your hair looks like. :)

Anonymous said...

julie, i love your hair. not only because its attached to you, its just so stylish and so darn good looking!

Jazzy! said...

hey juju buggy! omg. i totally am loving the dark hair. haha. its freakin hot on you! cant wait to see you all! xoxoxo!