Wednesday, January 16, 2008

sneaky pumpkin hog from shady lane

cody HATES chocolate, accept tootsie rolls. he says those aren't chocolate. any time i bake some kind of a treat, which is pretty rare for me, i try to make something without chocolate for him. or if i buy those tubes of choclate chip cookies at the store, since my "homemade" cookies are more like dry nasty little dog buscuits, i pick the chocolate out of his. so, tonight since we were having a sleep over with brinley, i decided to pretend to be martha stewart and make this pumpkin cream cheese thing. cause if theres one thinkg cody loves, its pumpkin anything. i think pumpkin pie is about one of his favorite foods EVER. (we once had a can of pumpkin in our cupboard once and it had a picture of a pumpkin pie on it. he asked if he could eat it. he thought if he opened it, there would actually be a pie i there, ready-to-go). anyway, cody LOVED this pumpkin cream cheese thing! brinley thought it was pretty good to. later on after they finished eating and playing , i had them laid down to watch a movie. i was in the bathroom washing my face and i heard something in the kitchen rustling around. so i looked, and there was cody sitting on the counter in the dark scarfing the rest of the stuff down straight out of the pan. he doesn't usually do things like this. he's not a huge eater so it was so funny to catch him being sneaky with food. i don't even know if he was trying to sneak, i think he was just laying there thinking about the rest of his pumpkin delight on the counter and couldn't resist. :)

5 comments:

Arah said...

So cute, and so unlike Cody. That boy loves his pumpkin!
By the way, thanks for taking Brinley, She loves "spend the nights".

Kaisa Bailey said...

I love it! How cute was that? I would of loved to see him "sneaking". The new bowl on my blog is full of NASTY conversation hearts and Maddox will not leave them alone!

Josh and Betsie said...

Yummy pumpkin! I can't believe how big cody is getting. It is crazy! But heck who would have thought I would have been married for 5 years and have 4 kids. AHHH!!! Im glad you have a blog

Charles and Julie said...

Hi Julie My name is Julie too. I am Karen's big sister. I love reading your blog. Your Cody reminds me of when my boys were younger. How cute he is.

spencer said...

You're right, I'm so gay. Your blog was the first one I looked for and I found it, so it gave me the idea that I could find just anyone I knew in the wide world of blogging and I've been obsessively searching ever since (that's what I make fun of Allison for). I haven't found a single one, except Arah (of course). Say hi to the Erickson family from me.