Friday, March 21, 2008

but wait! theres MORE!!

after we dyed eggs, all of the kids wanted to come spend the night at my house. kami came too and brought this super fun game called carcassonne. all though i was REALLY tired, she talked me into joining a game that she was playing with isabel. i LOVED it!! i think we all ended up staying awake until about 1am. (pretty late for a school night i'd say...but completly worth it. some times you just have to sleep in and & skip school for the greater good, like family activities) i'm a huge nerdy fan of board games, like risk and it totally reminded me of risk but easier and more mellow. i'm always trying to round up enough people to play a board game during the holidays and long weekends. usually with no luck. :( anyway, this game was a blast. merv was out of town that night but i told him he has to have kami teach him to play this weekend. (i'm still a little unsure of the rules...)thanks marnie for introducing carcassonne to kami!!

"mama, can i PLEEEEEEASE play too?" poor cody REALLY wanted to play. watching the enchanted movie with makaela & brinley wasn't cutting it for him. (he's not really into princesses... ) so he helped me instead and we let him pretend play with the extras pieces. i felt bad. i think next time i'll let him play for real, even if he doesn't understand all of the rules.
kami just ended up staying the night during for our sleepover. so she got some cuddle time in with the extra cuddley cody, during cartoons. he has always been such a sweet cozy bug. i have to take advantage of it while he's small cause i don't know if he will feel the same way in a few years. :(

awww, aunt kami practicing her domestification/nurturing skillz...

5 comments:

Arah said...

you up for playing games at mom and dads tonight? I can't wait to learn this new game!

Darla said...

You guys are adorable!! I hope we can come! I'm thinking of the 2nd week of April. When is Spring break for the kids? Will it be too crazy if they're in school? Let me know.

Arah said...

spring break is the March 31-April 4th.

Darla said...

oh poop. Can't come then. I fly stand-by. Yes, can you believe it. Me, all alone with 3 kids?? We've figured out how to do it pretty well though so It'll be pretty last minute, I'll list myself, and then just let you guys know if I make it all the way over. I've looked at flights and some only have one stop in Chicago...that would be ideal. I guess I COULD actually call you guys, but that'd be too hard right...? (;

The Davis Fam said...

That game kind of looks like settlers of cataan. Jake got it for me for easter (I think he just used easter as an excuse to get it because we dont usually buy eachother gifts for that holiday :)) it's way fun though.