Thursday, April 10, 2008

"raising arizona" anyone?


this is probably the worst picture of my husband but it makes me laugh every time i see it. he'll love me for posting this but there is a story behind it. they were having a "beard-off" at work last winter to see who could go the longest without shaving. merv lasted like 10 days before he couldn't take it any longer and had to get rid of it. i remember when he was shaving it off i told him to keep the nasty mustache and wear it for a day as a joke. but i took a picture and he shaved it off 5 like minutes later. he totally reminded me of nicolas cage in raising arizona. that line, " maybe it was utah." that is the last line in the film. :)

5 comments:

Nora Lee said...

Hey Julie,
You are so cute and funny. You sure are a combo of your mom and dad. I don't have a blog set up. Maybe someday. My girls keep telling me to do it. I love this picture. It is amazing how much they look alike. Hope all is well with you. Love you so much.

Marnie said...

That movie is great. I love the picture.

Arah said...

haha, i remember that. so funny!

Darla said...

so funny. Geof. had a nasty molester mustache when I got off my mission and surprised him at his work. It was really funny because you could tell he was a little embarrassed about the gross Mexican (hope not too offend anyone) stache he was sporting!

Arah said...

Darla, your my kind of people. I sometimes feel that if I actually wrote like that, I would offend somebody.