Thursday, May 29, 2008

i love these little squirts.

i have to admit. i really enjoyed coaching this little soccer team. it was quite a step out of my comfort zone and i kind of threw myself into it blindly, but it ended up being a great experience. i learned a lot about myself and a lot about soccer. it was fun to see how much the kids developed even over the short time. most of them had no clue what a soccer ball was, let alone how to use one, when we started. we had our party tonight (minus one little girl). all of the wonderful parents suprised me with a gift certificate to mosaic spa for a massage, pedicure & facial..... yay!! i can't wait to use it. one of those things you don't usually buy for yourself.... so completely appreciated.


(chris isn't really cross eyed.... )

one of the girl's moms made this adorable cake. it totally reminds me of something my sister arah would whip up....


our last game is this saturday. it will be nice to have saturdays mornings back for yard sales. :) i think i'll coach every spring or at least when i can. they also offer a fall season, but i think i have too many other things on my plate to commit to both seasons. i really reccomend doing something like this if you have the time. kami, you would love it and be great with the kids.

6 comments:

becca said...

Great job, coach! I'm so proud of you for taking that on and I bet Cody thinks you are the best mom ever!
becca

Kaisa Bailey said...

you are too cute. The kids look like they LOVE you!

Ramblings by daughters dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramblings by daughters dad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arah said...

You did a great job coaching! I know the kids loved you and the parents were beyond greatful that you were the coach and not someone else, better yet, you made some good friends.
Glad you liked the gift. I just gave her a heads up on the types of things you liked and she couldn't have picked something better.

DeAnne said...

Wow, you are so lucky to get a gift cert. to Mosaic. You will be pampered for sure! I get my hair done there and I love being pampered when I go in. Enjoy, I am sure you deserve it!