Friday, May 16, 2008

keep calm and carry on.

i've been eyeballin' it for awhile now... so, i just ordered this for my house:

it's a replica of a vintage poster commissioned by the british government in august 1939 to be posted in times of "crisis or invasion". there where three posters of similar design created for public confidence and this one was never posted. the original one is kind of reddish like this:

..but i think the black is pretty all right. i should probably be doing a little more historical research before i hang it up, but i REALLY l do love it. it could be a motto around here. and doesn't it look cute hung?

i bought something similar for my sister. sshhhhh.....

7 comments:

Arah said...

Ali Edwards has this onher wall. I saw it on etsy and have been eyeballing it for a while. But I wasn't sure where I would put in. I love it though. I think ot would look really good next to your front door where your coat rack used to be.

Arah said...

hey...were you talking about me? or Kami... or Corinne? I need to get your Mother's day gift finished.

julie said...

arah: yes, i was talking about you.

Darla said...

I love the yellow one!! I need that on my wall..., oh how I need to follow that advice.

Kaisa Bailey said...

LOVE it! Ditto Darla.

The Davis Fam said...

I think I might need to copy you guys and get one for myself. I love it. All you Erickson girls have such great style. Love you! Shevaun

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

holy cow i've seen that and wanted it when i saw it too!!!