Wednesday, June 11, 2008

thomas.

i know my baby is growing up when i'm selling his thomas the trains on ebay.... he hasn't touched any of them in 6 months. i think he is starting to outgrow them. actually, he had such a huge collection we decided to get rid of the plastic stuff & keep all of the little really cool metal trains and tracks stored away in a special place. i think i might have gotten a litte choked up when i actually listed them for sale. while i was taking pictures i remembered that cody had even autograophed a few of the peices at some time.



anyone that knows cody knows his lifelong obbsession with trains....

cody: mom?

me: ya cody?

cody: i never want to get rid of these trains. i love them & i want to save them for my boy.

me: ya, thats a pretty great idea little dude.

i remember trying to hoard everything when i was a kid. i always wanted to save every dress i outrgrew because i was sure my kids would want to wear them and all of my dolls......i wonder if my sisters remember doing this?...

2 comments:

Arah said...

do you know how many of my dolls I still have? I gave Brinley my stuffed animals since she is obsessed with anything stuffed. She's not into dolls, so we'll see what this next baby is.
I still have monkey...that really falice monkey. ansd I love that thing still. It is in my baby box.

Risawn said...

Yes, I remember! I had a few clothes that I wanted to save for my children, I think we were so used to hand me downs that we didn't think anything about saving something for the next generation.

And to think my kids and I will probably have a thirty year difference in age, nothing like wearing your parent's vintage crap from when they were kids.

Good thing mom never did that with us :)