Thursday, July 17, 2008

mmmmm, food.

we've been busy eating as much as possible. we discovered a couple of great places: this cute little neighborhood ice cream shop called the scoop. it's up on 25th. cody was happy until his ice cream fell on the grass and his mean mom was too impatient to wait in the lONG line for another.....
...and perry street cafe which has thee-best-breakfast. especially french toast. if your into that. and i am. i think i've tried every place in town and this place is my favorite. :) cody even tried his first cup of hot chocolate (complete with whip cream and sprinkles). which is a big deal for cody. nothing like hot chocolate in 90 degree july.

.... and we aren't completly finished (real darn close...) but, the hooks are on the wall and cody likes them. thanks for a GREAT idea arah.... just a few floor transition peices here and there and some eectrical outlet covers and misc stuff and we'll be set. with these parts of the house at least. then onto the kitchen. maybe next year when we can breath again.

don't mind the toilet. but it drove me nuts forever every time i walked in. why in the world would someone design a house with a toilet as the first thing you see when you open the front door? oh well.

7 comments:

Kaisa Bailey said...

I LOVE the hooks Julie. The house looks great of course. Your little Code-man (remember Step-by-Step?) is really yummy.

DeAnne said...

Wow, your house looks so amazing!!! And you always find the coolest, funkiest little shops and what not. I love that ice cream van, that's cool!

Darla said...

Julie! The hooks are so great. I NEED those! How are you?

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

WOW! GREAT JOB, GUYS!! I love it!!! It's been so long since i've been able to check all the blogs and I miss you!!!

Forever Young said...

Oh... I love it!!! The wall with the flooring looks amazing. Exactly what I want in my house someday:)

PS the hooks are such a good idea!

The Davis Fam said...

I love the hooks! In fact, I love everything that I have seen you do with your house.
P.S. I copied you and got that Keep calm and Carry on poster and I love it!

Kera said...

great style. I am laughing at the toilet as a focal point.