Monday, July 21, 2008

raspberries

merv, cody & i picked a bunch of raspberries this weekend from merv's moms garden. we tried not to eat them all, so i could take them to my moms to make rasberry jam. she did most of the work. i just stirred mostly. my first jam canning experience. it turned out SOOOO good. last week was cherry week: jam, syrup & she made the best cherry fruit leather- YUMMY!! when the peaches come in a couple of weeks i want to make peach fruit leather.
barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen...

14 comments:

Rocia said...

yum yum. you lucky northwesterners and your berries. awesome.

CrazyMomof7 said...

You look adorable! I need to hang out with you guys to learn how to can my own fruits and veggies.

The Davis Fam said...

You're pregnant?

Marnie said...

Looks like fun. Send some my way, it the jam looks so good.

Happy birthday 7/22/08.

My Crazy Life X 6 said...

Happy birthday!!!

Tashina said...

Happy Birthday Julie! How's the pregnancy going? I love your blog... everything you do is so cute. Have a great day.

DeAnne said...

Happy birthday! I love making jam too. How are you doing?

CrazyMomof7 said...

Hope that you had a fabulous birthday!

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

i hate how gorgeous you are but now i hate you because you're domestic too. booo!! :)

j/k

The Davis Fam said...

Happy late birthday!

Arah said...

hey this looks familiar...
http://kunz-family.blogspot.com/2007/09/pregnant-barefoot-and-in-kitchen.html
What is our deal? I am sure there will be more of this in the next few months too.

Darla said...

happy late bday Julie! Can you believe we're in our 30th year?? Yuck! (:

Forever Young said...

Yummy...I love raspberry jam, and home made...oh my goodness:)

And I am pretty sure you are the cutest prego gal ever.

Forever Young said...

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!