Monday, August 18, 2008

ben stein.

"bueller.... bueller.... bueller....bueller....?"

mom came home from utah so dad asked if i could pick her up from the airport tonight. before i left to, i got a call from her on the small commuter flight from seattle to spokane telling me that she was on the plane with none other than ben stein. i love the "win ben stien's money " show & ferris beuller....

she said he had signed her plane ticket & taken a picture with her. right on! i wanted to see him too! i mean if your going to meet a celebrity it might as well be a good one, right? so i got to the airport a little early with a camera and a dirty hat of merv's that he threw at me as i was running down the stairs, "hey, see if he'll sign this for me!"

anyway, the spokane airport is reatively tiny & the flight was also tiny so i saw him walk right off and like a dork snapped a flash picture. he looked right at me and said, "hi. how are you?"

(and yes, he really does wear old tennis shoes with suits in real life! just like on his show.)
then my mom walked off and told me he was going to be in the baggage claim to meet people. you know, just like a regular guy. so we found him and he took a picture and signed my husbands nasty hat, "be cool merv, ben stein" haha, priceless.

i guess he & his wife have a condo in sandpoint, close to spokane. (which is probably something he doesn't want the whole world knowing...but who really reads this anyway...)

10 comments:

DeAnne said...

that's freakin awesome! how cool of him to be so friendly. so does he really talk in that monotone voice in real life???

Darla said...

Wow,
Ben Stein. My cousin Ivy met him. Funny guy. The only celeb I've met is Heath Ledger. Kind of surreal, ya know. I haven't talked to Brian or Becca. I've posted twice, or three times on their blog, like a stalker, but no reply. Could you ask 'em, maybe? (;

julie said...

ya, he totay talks in complete monotone. and darla, i think brian has good intentions with keeping a blog but hes jsut busy. i'll talk to him. :)

Arah said...

VERY COOL!
by the way, i posted a comment on my blog, read it please. I apologize for making you feel like you were a shallow person, that was not my intentions.
You are always so put together, even in your excersize pants and no makeup.you take the time to look cute no matter what. anyway, please read the comment I left.
LOVE YOU!

Arah said...

p.s. i am really, really good at sticking my foot in my mouth.

N&N said...

Now that is luck...Ben Stein in Sandpoint, ID of all places. Good to see you all are doing well. Tell your family hi and I hope they are all happy and healthy. Best wishes...by the way I too caught a guitar pick at a metalica concert and saw part of Led Zep.

julie said...

well shoot, we didn't both catch a guitar pick at the same concert! did you catch it and just give it to me, cause i have one. i always remembered catching it, but maybe that just glamourized the story. however i clearly remember being handed a bottle of water by one of those metallica dudes...

N&N said...

We did both catch them. They were throwing out tons of them. You got the water bottle from James Hetfield the lead singer. Good story none the less. did you get that email with our address. if you still have those letters.

Later Nich

Darla said...

Hey,
we do have a place to stay up there...so no worries. Just let me know where you guys are gonna be so we can play!

The Davis Fam said...

I have one word...awesome!