Tuesday, September 23, 2008

pickles.

cody LOVES pickles...almost as much as pumpkin pie. the other day we were grocery shopping and he saw some of the cute little pickling cucumbers in the produce dept. he asked if we could buy some to make pickles and i told him that grandma lana was probably already growing some that we could make pickles out of.
sure enough, she was. she must have known we were coming cause they were sitting on the counter in a bucket...
























nothing quite like making homemade pickles with grandma.
he wanted to eat them right away but grandma said he has to wait about 6 weeks.


also, i had a dr. apt today... still no news on what sex the baby is.

i don't get my ultrasound for 3 more weeks... nuts. :(

8 comments:

DeAnne said...

that's pretty cute!

Arah said...

Matt and i were talking last night about how he was walking around the house going "CAHCAHHHHH" trying to get a piece of popcorn kernel out of his throat. He is such a funny kid.

CrazyMomof7 said...

Your mom makes the BEST pickles!! I love to see how close your mom is to your kids. The kids are going to have great memories.

CrazyMomof7 said...

I forgot to say...I know its so hard to wait to find out boy or girl. Just think that the longer they wait the more accurate it is. I don't get to find out until the week between Christmas and New Years...that is sooo far away. Do you have any names picked out yet?

Kari said...

I wish any of my kids would like pickles, but none of them do and neither does my husband. I'm the sole pickle eater around here!! Those look like some yummy pickles and what a fun G'ma to do that with your son!!

Darla said...

Your pictures are FANTASTIC, and...i want Aunt Lana as MY grandma. How cute is that??

Rocia said...

I LOVE aunt lana and i LOVE pickles too!

Forever Young said...

Can I say that I totally enjoyed looking at those pictures, you have a talent for catching those precious moments in life. I totally miss aunt Lana more now. Love you guys:)