Saturday, October 4, 2008

halloween pt.1

i wish cody loved dresing up for halloween as much as i do. he has only dressed up 2 times. when he was about 4 months old, he went to a halloween party dressed as a pumpkin. my brother jared was holding him and when he went to pick him up, cody's diaper had exploded and leaked major soup-poop all over jared.... sorry jared. the next time was the next year when he was dressed as cowboy cody. baby wranglers, spurs and all... so cute. now he refuses. i have to admit, i 've tried to trick him a few times into wearing a costume. last year i bought him the coolest pair of skeleton jammies from the gap, but he figured them out. i ended up giving them to corinnes boys who fought over them. this year i told him he should just wear his firefighter costume but he told me that it's just for regular days and not halloween.... i don't know if the actual costumes everywhere freak him out or what. i usually just buy him a halloweeny shirt. but he still love halloween & all of the goodies and trick or treating and parties.....
i LOVE this idea for a costume. i've been wanting to pull it off for a few years now, accept with adding wires to the snakes so they stick out all over.
medusa:


i think these little wirey guys would be cute as part of a witch costume or poking out of pumpkins...
i love decorating,
(...unfortunatly, it only happens on the years i have time...)
my mom was the queen of halloween when we were kids. she would dress up as the best witch every year and come to our classroom to pass out her witch brew treats and read a spooky story. she was so awesome at it that she scared the crap out of a few kids...i wish a i had a picture of her now. she has THE BEST cackle ever.. seriously. ask her to do it sometime... AND CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME DECORATIONS!!

gold painted bones displayed in a glass platter:

the best ideas for pumpkins:

if your ambitious (my brother brian actually made a really amazing vw bus pumpkin one year...)

polka dots are so awesome and easy to do...
i love stacked pumpkins and these are some of my favorites...
love these bats...i think i would make them waterproof and put them in the yard or hanging from trees.

more gold & polka dot painted pumpkins...
i've been wanting to try painting and then carving pumpkins for a while now...like these:

and what kid wouldn' tlove to create a pumpkin squash goblin...

i think we are going to head up to green bluff tomorow afternoon to pick up some supplies. :) we planted some white pumpkins but only teeny tiny pumpkins have sprouted. i think its due to the very strange weather we've had this year... i wonder if my cousin kaisa's pumpkin patch grew.

7 comments:

Arah said...

ohhhh...i want to go to green bluff with you guys.
Also, KAISA IF YOU ARE READING THIS, WOULD YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME AND ADD ME TO YOUR BLOG? I CAN'T GET IN.

Cindy said...

great ideas!!! I'll have to try some myself. We've been invited to some adult dress-up Halloween parties this year, so I need to come up with a good costume for myself. I may use the bat hair band idea if I can pull it together. I love Halloween too.

Kera said...

I LOVED this post. Did you make it up to green bluff? There are some HUGE pumpkins. We should go.

Marnie said...

The bats are cute. Thanks, I needed a simple Halloween bat idea.

Kera said...

I am doing the pumpkin with the holes in it for sure. We are going to buy tools today! yeah. Lets have a pumpkin carving partay!

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

I heart Halloween. And I had totally forgotten your mom would dress up as a witch until I wrote that and then the image came into my mind as if it were yesterday! Oh I miss you guys!!

But I have to say I'm glad you still love Halloween after the year you caught your costume on fire. Did you tell that to Cody? Maybe that's why he won't dress up! :)

PS Dani had a new baby last week. Baby #4 Drew.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

I love all the pumpkin ideas! Thanks for putting all those together. I have done the polka dot ones before with different size drill bits. I think that was the easies Halloween ever. My kids expect me to do the intricate carved ones now.