Wednesday, November 5, 2008

i voted!

....just not for the guy who won. quite frankly, he freaks me out. i didn't really like any of the options available and i tried to pick the lesser evil.

hello to socialsim and people getting something for nothing!!!
...housing, education and my personal favorite: health care.
goodbye to work ethic, morals, personal responsibility & accountablility.
hello to partial birth abortions and tolerance.
goodbye to national defense and the best military in the world
and to private gun owner rights....

....but heres to hoping i am wrong, about all of this "change" and Obama and about electing a man who has not proven his character with his actions but rather with his incredibly mesmerizing public speaking skills alone.

i mean, people were being interviewed saying things like: "i voted for obama because ummm, he rocks!!" i don't know a thing about him or what he's done but i'll vote for him because it's just so darn hip and this guy over here voted for him, so he must be great....

i'll be quite now. i'm hesitating even posting this. and hope i don't get shot. i realize that many people don't agree with me (obviously...). please don't get me wrong. i do think that our country is in dire need of change just not what this guy has to offer. i am not anti-american and i do support our country and believe we are all entitled to our opionions. i'm entitled to my opinion too, right? i learn a lot from hearing others points of view i would really like to hear the opinion of people who agree or disagree.

10 comments:

Arah said...

amen!

Josh n Betsie said...

I agree with everything you just said!

Kami said...

View the post on my blog about the Obama Supporters. Video is full of Win!

Yes, I agree with you. Well, do what you need to do and move on. I think it's just a sign of the times.

Megan Erickson said...

I agree with everything you said!! Can I post that on my blog (quote your words) ha.. just kidding.. well.. maybe I am not kidding.. what do you think? i just like the way you said it!

jordan and maci said...

i also wasn't thrilled with either candidate... but felt like the abortion issue could not be overlooked. so sad that it will continue to be legal.

julie said...

megan- your more than welcome to post it on your blog. :)

Darla said...

Julie,
you did say it perfectly. It's what we're all thinking.

Tashina said...

My thoughts exactly...you could not have put it any better. I'm going to post your post on mine.

Cori said...

So true... oh I can't stand people that are ignorant AND want HANDOUTS!

j. call said...

Oh my gosh - wish we all would have had the guts to say all of this a long time ago. I too am infuriated by all the so called citizens of this country who voted for him with no knowledge at all about who or what they were voting for. I am thinking there is going to be alot of whining when things "change" except not in the way people thought they would. I haven't been to any gas stations lately where Mr. O was there waiting to pay for my gas. Ha ha ha. Anyway, you have a very very very cute little new neice - oh ha - so do I. Such lucky girls to have two Aunt Julie's huh? Hope you are doing well. When are you due?