Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas break.

so our Christmas was really super lovely and for some reason i decided to horrify myself & delete all of the pictures off of the camera before saving them on the computer. i'll just blame it on being pregnant. :( here is a picture of some other family celebrating Christmas instead:

i was thinking that in just a few short days my mom will have a birthday which means that new years eve will be here. every year (for the past 7 or so...) we have made it a tradition to brave the weather and head over to the wolfs lodge steakhouse in idaho for dinner to celebrate her birthday/new years eve. it's a lot of fun and we aways eat way to much. this year we made reservations for 14. can't wait to eat the best steak ever.

also i was thinking about my annual new years resolutions. i'm still working on next years, but i went back and checked out out last years. i did alright as far as completing them, i guess:
*start a blog-DONE
*call my sister corinne every week-i got so much better about this.
*send a birthday card to every family member- almost, except i'm still behind on jasmine's december birthday and the 3 thanksgiving brithdays didn't exactly get cards.
*play risk more-didn't even play. not even once. :(
*go through grandparents photos, and then put some up around the house-work in progress
*rebuild back deck before it falls off house-this deck has now gone through another 2 serious snow falls and is currently sitting under about 3 1/2 feet of heavy snow but its still standing.
*finish basement family room- plans changed and we remodeled the upstairs instead.
*have baby brother/sister for cody- almost finished with this one. yay!
*learn to play more on guitar. at least 2 songs -oops....
*paint inside of house- DONE
*continue exercise routine and incorporate more pilates/yoga- i stuck with this really well until about 3 months into my pregnancy.
*more scrapbooking- negative.
*get cody a dog- maybe next sumer.
*take cody camping A LOT! - we did take him camping, just not a lot.
*take cody to the imax- arah took him instead.
*get cody a really tall bunk bed (all kids should have the experience at least once)- still in the works.
*run bloomsday again and beat past times- yay! i did by a lot!
*do a triathalon or a mini marathon - i got pregnant and changed my mind. but next summer...
*ride hiawatha bike trail in montana (or is it in idaho?) - i did the cour d'alene trail instead.
*cook dinner at least 4x's a week - definitely did this one.
*cut out caffeine- got much better.
*forgive others and get past guilt -a lot of progress here.
*be a good, kind & understanding mama to cody- i made a conciencious effort.
*be sweet to merv -most of the time.
*set up some kind of schedule for life; work play. (& stick to it). -umm ya right. for some reason this is just impossible for me.
*put cody in swimming & soccer- did both and even coached his team.
*take cody rock climbing more. - learned how to belay and took him and brinley several times at the y.
*more snowboarding - none.
*get bigger fire safe!! (after watching neighbors house burn down, i realize i am not prepared)-check this one off, but the safe is still sitting in its box in the office with all of the important documents stacked on top. next year i'll organize it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One time all of my pictures were deleted off my camera (darn kids!), and I took it to an electronics store (Frye's, but I'm sure Circuit City, Best Buy, or a camera store) and they were able to save all of them!

Shasta said...

You totally crack me up! I live in Cheney, but work downtown. I am loving your blog, I stumbled across it randomly and was so delighted. Too cute!

Kera said...

you've inspired me to make a list.

Marnie said...

That picture made me laugh.
Hey I deleted most my honey moon pictures. Not a happy moment.
So I still have it, in my best intenstions, to knit or crochet some booties for the three little babies in the your family. I will try. Keep your fingers crossed.

julie said...

marnie: i love your booties and that awesome scarf that you sent kami. i keep trying to steal it from her but she won't pry it from her neck. :)