Saturday, January 24, 2009

baby shower, vintage baby quilt & crib.

arah & kera were very sweet and threw me a baby shower. the food was super yummy.....

and i ate about 50 of these brownie things...




most of the pictures are not so great however. actually, just the ones with me in them. i look like freaking moron with my facial expressions. do i always look so lame and super excited? maybe its the added chins.... anyway, it was a lot of fun and i received all kinds of cute goodies for the baby. i was totally suprised when i opened this handmade quilt from my sister.
it has special signifigance because it is partially made from scraps of vintage dresses that i have altered and sold in the past. the material had been sitting in a bag in my basement forever. i couldn't bring myself to get rid of it so i gave it to arah. she is creative and whipped this out. i LOVE it and can't wait to tell the baby the history behind it.

also, my sisters and mama went in on this beautiful crib. i love it too. the room is kind of in the midst of being put together....
so here is a better catalog pic:

THANKS!!!!
you guys are all awesome & i love you. :)

7 comments:

Darla said...

Julie!! I can't believe you're having your baby so dang soon! That quilt is so incredibly rad! Who ARE you guys?? I can't believe how creative you are! And you look dang cute in all the pics, so stop it! Now that Geof.'s quitting (and we're hopefully staying put in the NW for a bit), I really want to make this trip up to Spokane a reality. But it's freezing and I'm not too keen on bringing my three crazies up to be stuck in a house (you'd all hate me by the end of it, trust me). So whatd'ya think? Feb. March??

DeAnne said...

HOw fun! Wow, I love that quilt. Arah is amazing! I wish I could get quilts finished as fast as she does.

Kera said...

that quilt is the cutest thing. I want arah to be my sister.

Rocia said...

my sisters and i were looking at your blog last night and totally bummed we didn't get invited to your cute shower....ha. we wish we lived closer to you guys. it is so fun to see kera on your blog. you look adorable julie...only a couple more weeks!

Risawn said...

Sorry the pictures didn't come out better, I had a lot of fun seeing my cute preggo sister, I'm so sad I'll be missing out on her birth :(

Risawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CrazyMomof7 said...

Your shower was a lot of fun. I left there and got to go help a mama have her baby.
Arah's quilt is amazing. I love it. You got some adorable outfits and the crib is beautiful.