Sunday, September 20, 2009

...


i went to my senior year of high school and a cosmetology program with a girl named melissa. after high school we went our separate ways but she ended up marrying an old friend of the family. i ran into her off and on over the years but i had no idea what had gone on in her life. i was blown away when i found out about it. i had heard bits and peices of her story around a year ago and knew she was in the process of writing a book about it.... the book just came out and it's such an incredible story.

she was on oprah a few days ago explaining it all and will be in people magazine next week along with an appearance on the today show.

it just so happened that she was in town at the borders bookstore kicking off a book signing tour(?) this afternoon so my sister and i where able to go in and see her. she is just as sweet as ever. i am very proud of her. it really puts my own life and personal issues into perspective.

6 comments:

Arah said...

that was cool seeing her again. She is amazing.
I hope she sells a million books.

Darla said...

wow. I really want to read the book. Oh, and another thing.., didn't know you went to cosmetology school. Can you do my hair?? (;

Marnie said...

Wow! I got chills reading the title. How neat that you guys know each other. I'll have to read the book.

Wonderland Girl said...

Read this post yesterday - bought the book today. :)

Wonderland Girl said...

read it. loved it. recommending it to everyone who will listen.

The Barney's said...

That is really cool you are friends with her. Now I will just have to read it.

Your little Lola is sooo big and cute!!

I hopped on Arah's blog just a little while ago- I am at home w/ a sick kid and have nothing better to do since she wants me to sick with her on the couch- anyways, I saw the photography site she has posted and went to it and it's great. You two are so talented not just at photography but at home decor and crafts as well. Oh and you look great!! You always dress so cute. I'm a bit jealous :) Happy fall!!

Lori