Thursday, February 3, 2011

life lately.

1. somehow i agreed to help plan a family reunion again and the gold & blue cubscout banquet... all in the same week. i challenge everyone to do them both at some time in their life- but not necessarily at the same time. along with coaching their kids soccer team and running a marathon...challenges are good for humans. otherwise we get too wrapped up in out own minuscule lives to understand the importance of helping others....stepping outside of out comfort zones is crucial to growing.

2. the oregon coast family reunion trip has grown into a much larger monster that originally anticipated. its pretty exciting really, to think about seeing some old cousins. long overdue. many i haven't seen since the last one we had around 8 years ago. and my plan is to kick all of their competitive butts in the little 5k race that's planned.


3. the other day i heard a song and decided i want to learn how to play it on the guitar and sing it to my kids and merv, a song that actually made me teary eyed...i would say the name of the song, but maybe its not relevant.

4. because I work from home, it's often hard to separate work and family and I keep finding that when I am working I feel guilty for neglecting my family, and when I am spending time with my family I feel guilty for neglecting my work. i really struggle with this a lot. the cure all(most): i make sure that I get out of the house and do lots of fun things every week. including plenty of time at the Y for swimming and running, lots of family drives, movie/snuggle time on the couch and a little fro yo earth... the other cure: visits and phone calls from dear friends/family. i love hearing from friends and family.
2008 soccer team?

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I'll probably be walking the 5k, for any cousins who want to join me! I might be the least competitive Erickson descendant. Or laziest.

Arah said...

I dont think that your cousins will appreciate being called old :)

Kaisa Bailey said...

Loved your #1 on this post because I have to tell myself that all the time. It's hard for me to do some things, but when all is said & done I'm usually grateful that I did, even if it was a huge fail....keep reminding me!I'm doing the dang blue & gold dinner too!

Darla said...

i WANNA hear the song you sang! And yes, it is relevant to know the name (for me, anyway). I think the kids and I are planning on going to the reunion. yippee!

Forever Young said...

Thank you for this post. I struggle with many of the same things, it's nice to know I'm not alone:)